* PhD in Parenting talks about perceptions of Nursing in Public in Germany, using both personal observances and public poll results
* Rixa at Stand and Deliver writes an extremely well-put post on the "All that matters is a healthy baby and healthy mommy" rhetoric that is heard so frequently, and why it is both tyrannical and tautological. Read about why.
* The midwife at Vita Mutari wonders how we can get women to quit being birth perfectionists and realize how awesome they are.
* Lately I've been seeing a lot of mentions of the Feminist Hulk. In case you haven't heard about this, the Feminist Hulk is a twitter account with this bio: "HULK SAYS FUCK PATRIARCHY. HULK HERE TO SMASH GENDER BINARY." Be sure to check it out.
* Survey of Domperidone and Metoclopramide Use in Breastfeeding Mothers:
If you are or have been a nursing mother using either Reglan or Domperidone to participate in this quick survey. It is very important that research such as this be done to enrich our knowledge of how to better assist mothers with insufficient milk production.Thomas Hale & Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, co-investigators.
We are pleased to announce our new online research study, a survey of women's experience with the drugs metoclopramide and domperidone, which can be used to stimulate milk production. We would like to collect side effect information on both drugs from as many mothers as possible worldwide.
The survey link is: http://surveys.ttuhsc.edu/wsb.dll/s/60g759 For more information about the study, contact Dr. Kendall-Tackett at: email@example.com
The survey takes 20-30 minutes to complete and is confidential. It has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, TX.