Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

My doula reading list

In order to be certified through DONA International I have to read 5 books and an article.  The first two of the books are required reading, and for the other three I may pick from several choices.


So far I have completed only one:
1. Klaus, Kennell & Klaus, The Doula Book, 2nd edition, 2002



And begun two others:
2. Simkin, The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions, 3rd edition, 2008



3. Simkin, Whalley & Keppler, Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn: the Complete Guide, revised, 2001




 For my fourth book I have chosen but not yet started:
4. Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth, 2004






I still need to pick one on breastfeeding but I haven't yet researched all the choices on my list:
• Mohrbacher, Stock & Newton, The Breastfeeding Answer Book, 3rd edition
• Mohrbacher & Kendall-Tackett, Breastfeeding Made Simple, 2005 (Available in the U.S. and Canada)
• Newman & Pitman, The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers, 2000 (Available in the U.S.)
• Newman & Pitman, Dr. Jack Newman’s Guide to Breastfeeding, 2000 (Available in Canada)
• Huggins & Lawrence, The Nursing Mother’s Companion, 5th edition, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...